2.25.2014

Summer

Summer... it's coming right? It has been a long, long winter. To entice summer into coming earlier... I've made some plans, I've signed up for 3 5K runs; the Electric Run, the Color Run & the Dirty Girl Mud Run. I've got Edith talked into the mud run (didn't take much convincing) And Her and I along with some family & friends are going to run the Color Run. I can't tell you how excited I am for these.

The first run is the Electric Run on June 6 in Minneapolis, the girls from work and I are aglow (pun intended). We want to be as bright as Griswold house at Christmas time. Glow in the dark everything! Shoe laces, funky shades, paint, etc. you get the picture. A giant glow-in-the-dark party. Three of us have agreed to get out and start tranning, as soon as it heats up. In July, we have the Color Run, I can't wait for this.. my creative side has kicked in and I want our team to have matching t-shirts... I really think this run will be a blast, can't wait for the before and afters. The mud run...you can't imagine how pumped I am for this one, a full-on obstacle course, all girls and as Edith put it.. looks empowering. So much fun!

I've started running about a month ago. Slow... I run slow, not much faster than a herd of turtles, but, I RUN! I've worked myself up to running a full mile non-stop, my plan is to run a full 5K before the first run. I'm super excited and trying to keep moving everyday. I'm down 12lbs. since my first weigh-in back at the beginning of the year.
 
I understand now when people say it gets addictive, it does. There are some days that i can't wait to get on the treadmill and see how far I can go. I'm up to 20 minutes. I know right...I surprised myself! I found a trick that works for me, I count backwards, and for whatever reason it works! I feel fantastic.

In all reality, winter has been around too long for me. I want to get out and run on something other than my squeaky treadmill, it does the trick, but some fresh air would be well received! I'm excited to get moving, to just get outside. I want to bike and swim and just enjoy the sun.. Soon...summer IS coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment